Do you want to know what are the correct ingredients needed in the official and original Bulletproof® coffee recipe? Want to see how to make Bulletproof® coffee? You are in the right place. It really is quite simple, however, you need to make sure you get it right the first time so you don’t make a mistake and not get full enjoyment.
Table of Contents
Bulletproof® Coffee Ingredients
- Upgraded™ coffee beans (caffeinated or decaffeinated)
- Bulletproof® MCT oil or Upgraded™ Brain Octane (NOT coconut oil),
- Stick of Unsalted, grass fed butter or tub of Bulletproof ghee. Try grass fed butter brands like Kerrygold (Irish) and Anchor (New Zealand) or a French butter.
How To Make Bulletproof Coffee
Here are detailed step by step instructions to take plus the recommended amounts to be used:
- Filtered water that is boiled to about 195-196°F (91°C)
- Use a digital kitchen scale to measure 35 grams ground coffee per 500 ml of water or about 2 rounded tablespoons of coffee per 6 oz. of water.
- 1-2 tablespoons of unsalted, grass fed butter or grass fed ghee (Up to 6 Tbsp, 80g or 88 ml)
- 1-2 tablespoons of Brain Octane Oil or Upgraded™ XCT oil (15-30 ml)
- Brew your coffee, ideally, using a French Press coffee maker.Other recommended options are a Hario Paperless Coffee Dripper Black Stainless Steel Filter CFOD-02 to make 2 cups (~453g or 500ml) of freshly brewed coffee or Upgraded™ coffee cartridges in Keurig® K-Cup® Home Brewer. Ideally no paper filters to keep the benefits of the coffee oils.
- Blend together for about 20 seconds in a high quality beverage blender (e.g. Blendtec, Vitamix) or use a portable battery operated milk frother to whip it all together into a creamy coffee that looks like a foamy latte or cappuccino.
Now that you know what grocery items you need and where to buy Upgraded™ coffee beans from online using the links above. (Fan tip: check for a Bulletproof coupon here) The next very important step is to follow the official instructions recommended by Dave.
Watch how Dave brings all the ingredients together by blending the unsalted butter and medium chain triglyceride oil with fresh brewed mycotoxin free (mold-free) coffee beans:
Highly Recommended Tip:
The point about blending your coffee is a game changer.
Blending the healthy fats into your coffee helps with digestion of fat. Blending, especially at high speed, helps with the formation of micelles which will aid the bile from your gallbladder when breaking down the fatty acids. Remember put your hand on top of the blenders lid so not to have the lid fly off with hot coffee.
It is possible to make the the coffee without a blender. Top tip to do this well would be to use new instamix as an ideal solution or get yourself a travel mug that you can shake in your hand with the lid closed. You can get them both at a discounted price as a starter kit here.
How to Make a Take Away Butter Coffee
Did you know that you can easily brew a cup for on the go?
Watch how Dave makes a cup of coffee when he is traveling around the world. You can use these tips when at the office kitchen, a hotel, motel, guest house, B&B, airport, bus station, train station etc…
There is an equipment page to help you get hold of your own handy travel blender, travel mug, spill proof flask.
That is it, Success!
The Bulletproof® Coffee Benefits
Have you been wondering why some of your friends love to put butter in their coffee? Maybe you’ve heard of this stuff called MCT oil and that it’s a good thing to put in your cup of coffee. Then there are these gourmet coffee beans everyone is raving about called Upgraded™ coffee beans, what’s up with that?
When you decide to biohack your health by starting your morning off with a cup of this special type of coffee there are multiple potential benefits for your health.
If you walked up to someone in the street and said “This cup of coffee is going to change your life” they would initially think you’re crazy.
|Bulletproof Coffee helps energise your body and brain||Yes|
|Bulletproof Coffee can be used for intermittent fasting weight loss in men and women||Yes|
|Upgraded Coffee isn't fermented so less chance of toxins causing histamine||Yes|
|Bulletproof Process tests mycotoxin levels in coffee like ocratoxin and aflatoxin||Yes|
|Grass fed butter helps heal your gut lining||Yes|
|Upgraded MCT oil or Brain Octane Oil help your body makes ketones||Yes|
|MCT oil helps you achieve nutritional ketosis||Yes|
|Ketones help energise your brain||Yes|
|Bulletproof Coffee tastes great||Yes|
What you need to know from the videos highlights:
- It is a precise recipe.
- The stuff that grows on coffee when they ferment it creates histamine, which can trigger allergies.
- Coffee can have ochratoxin (not regulated in the US) and aflatoxin [regulated, but not tested that well in coffee see Dan Cox podcast].
- Bulletproof™ Process is for making coffee without performance robbing toxins in it.
- If you drink coffee and need to pee straight away that’s the toxins in the coffee not so much the diuretic effect of the coffee.
- Add grassfed butter like Kerrygold or Anchor butter.
- Use 1-2 tablespoons going up to 5 tablespoons if you are exercising heavy and not sleeping much.
- Over time you will probably find you’ll use less butter.
- Your body will want the saturated fat to help build new cell membranes.
- Dave is now using 1-2 tablespoons of butter in his mug of coffee. As a beginner he started with 6 tablespoons.
- You got to add MCT oil to your coffee (medium chain triglyceride).
- Using coconut oil instead of MCT oil is not the best way to make it.
- Coconut oil even if it is organic or virgin cold pressed is not the same as pure MCT oil or even better Brain Octane oil.
- MCT’s make up 60% of 100% coconut oil. There are 4 lengths of MCT’s with 2 being the ones you are looking to get.
- These 2 triglyceride lengths are only found in 15% of the coconut oil & they are what make Upgraded™ MCT oil and Brain Octane oil great for weight loss.
- Take your coffee in the morning without sugar or protein so you achieve Bulletproof® intermittent fasting with all the benefits of the fat for energy.
- The MCT oil helps you to achieve nutritional ketosis. This type of ketosis is healthy and helps you burn fat for both cognitive energy and to loss excess weight.
- There are MMA fighters like Jason Lambert and other professionals who feel Bulletproof® Coffee rocks their world.
- When you blend the fat in the coffee you’re helping your body digest the fat easier by making micelles.
- Most people on a low fat diet haven’t been used to digesting fat.
- Coffee oils contain diterpenes, cafestol and kahweol, are both naturally present in the oil contained in coffee.
- Cafestol and Kahweol have possible effect on inflammation in the brain.
- Brewing coffee with a paper filter you miss out on the diterpenes so you want to use a metal filter when brewing coffee like a French Press method.
- Butyric acid in butter helps turn inflammation off in the brain and heal the gut lining.
- If you help your gut, you help your brain.
- You can drink the Upgraded coffee black as it’s not bitter.
- Bulletproof® diet sweeteners are alcohol sugars like xylitol and erythritol.
- Good xylitol comes from wood not GMO corn.
There you go. You should have all the information you need to follow for the official Bulletproof® coffee recipe so you make a fantastic tasting mug of butter coffee. It really is that simple to making the perfect cup of coffee that will help enhance your cognitive ability, produce loads of energy in the morning and help put you in a fat burning state.
Thanks for reading this and if you enjoyed it please Pin an image to a food or drinks board.