Do you want to know what are the correct ingredients needed in the official and original Bulletproof® coffee recipe?
Want to see how to make Bulletproof® coffee?
You are in the right place.
It really is quite simple, however, you need to make sure you get it right the first time so you don’t make a mistake and not get full enjoyment.
Don’t worry we got your back with the basic recipe and and some advanced tips and hints. Especially these ones!
Table of Contents
- Upgraded™ coffee beans (caffeinated or decaffeinated)
- Bulletproof® XCT oil or Brain Octane (NOT coconut oil),
- Unsalted, grass-fed butter or tub of Bulletproof ghee.
All of these official products are available from the Bulletproof online store, except the butter. For that you will need to pop down to your local Trader Joe’s or Whole Food grocery store.
Remember the two most popular & recommended Bulletproof butter brands are, Kerrygold (Irish) and Anchor (New Zealand).
Now that you know what grocery items you need and where to buy Upgraded™ coffee beans from online using the links above. (Fan tip: check for a Bulletproof coupon here)
The next very important step is to follow the official instructions recommended by Dave.
Here are detailed step by step instructions to help you know how to make Bulletproof coffee properly.
You will see the recommended amounts to be used included in the guide below.
Original Bulletproof Coffee Recipe Steps
- Boil filtered water to about 195-196°F (91°C)
- Measure 35 grams fresh ground coffee per 500 ml of water or use 2 rounded tablespoons of coffee per 6 oz. of water.
- Brew your coffee
- Pour fresh brewed coffee into a blender
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of unsalted, grass fed butter or grass fed ghee (Up to max of 6 Tbsp, 80g or 88 ml) to the blender
- Add 1-2 tablespoons (15-30 ml) of Brain Octane Oil or Upgraded™ XCT oil to the blender
- Blend on high speed for 20-30 seconds
- Pour out and enjoy drinking your Bulletproof coffee
Watch how Dave makes a coffee.
See how he brings all the ingredients together by blending the unsalted butter, medium chain triglyceride oil along with fresh brewed mycotoxin tested coffee beans.
- Use a Good Blender
The point about blending your hot coffee is a game changer.
Blending the healthy fats into your coffee helps with digestion of fat. Blending, especially at high speed, helps with the formation of micelles which will aid the bile from your gallbladder when breaking down the fatty acids.Remember put your hand on top of the blenders lid so not to have the lid fly off with hot coffee. You can find some of the best blenders for hot coffee over here.
Invest in a high quality beverage blender (e.g. Blendtec, Vitamix) or use a portable battery operated milk frother to whip it all together into a creamy coffee that looks like a foamy latte or cappuccino. It is possible to make the the coffee without a blender though if you want to.
Top tip to do this well would be to use new instamix as an ideal solution or get yourself a travel mug that you can shake in your hand with the lid closed. You can get them both at a discounted price as a starter kit here.
- Choose a Brewing Method.
Using a French Press coffee maker is the normal mehtod.Other recommended options are:
• Hario Paperless Coffee Dripper Black Stainless Steel Filter CFOD-02 to make 2 cups (~453g or 500ml) of freshly brewed coffee
• Upgraded™ coffee cartridges in Keurig® K-Cup® Home Brewer.
Ideally no paper filters to keep the benefits of the coffee oils.
When Travelling Recipe Steps
- Add brewed coffee to a travel mug
- Add 1x sachet of Bulletproof instamix powder to the coffee
- Stir the powder till only few clumps are left
- Shake the closed lid travel mug for 1-3 minutes till frothy
- Enjoy drinking your Bulletproof coffee on the go
As you can see it is easy to brew a cup of yummy butter coffee when on the go.
Watch how Dave makes a cup of coffee when he is traveling around the world. You can use these tips when at the office kitchen, a hotel, motel, guest house, B&B, airport, bus station, train station etc…
- Get a Travel Mug
Having your own mug that is spill proof makes life on the road way less stressful. This mug is not only a flask that keeps your coffee warm and that you can drink out off; it also acts as a blender that you shake to mix all the ingredients without a blender.The insulated Bodum travel mug is a good choice.
- Use Travel-Friendly Oils
You will know how strict the TSA are at airport security when going through with liquids as hand luggage. This is why you have two options to help you that pass regulations around the US and world. This is the travel Brain Octane oil bottle and the instamix powder.This is the best way to make ketogenic coffee when on the move.
Benefits of Butter Coffee
|Bulletproof Coffee helps energise your body and brain||Yes|
|Bulletproof Coffee can be used for intermittent fasting weight loss in men and women||Yes|
|Upgraded Coffee isn't fermented so less chance of toxins causing histamine||Yes|
|Bulletproof Process tests mycotoxin levels in coffee like ocratoxin and aflatoxin||Yes|
|Grass fed butter helps heal your gut lining||Yes|
|XCT oil or Brain Octane Oil help your body makes ketones||Yes|
|MCT oil helps you achieve nutritional ketosis||Yes|
|Ketones help energise your brain||Yes|
|Bulletproof Coffee tastes great||Yes|
Have you been wondering why some of your friends love to put butter in their coffee?
Maybe you’ve heard of this stuff called MCT oil and that refined coconut oil is a good thing to put in your cup of coffee.
Then there are these mycotoxin tested coffee beans everyone is raving, what’s up with that?
When you decide to biohack your health by starting your morning off with a cup of this special type of coffee there are multiple potential benefits for your health.
If you walked up to someone in the street and said “This cup of coffee is going to change your life” they would initially think you’re crazy.
What you need to know highlights from the above video:
- It is a precise recipe.
- The stuff that grows on coffee when they ferment it creates histamine, which can trigger allergies.
- Coffee can have ochratoxin (not regulated in the US) and aflatoxin [regulated, but not tested that well in coffee see Dan Cox podcast].
- Bulletproof™ Process is for making coffee without performance robbing toxins in it.
- If you drink coffee and need to pee straight away that’s the toxins in the coffee not so much the diuretic effect of the coffee.
- Add grass-fed butter like Kerrygold or Anchor butter.
- Use 1-2 tablespoons going up to 5 tablespoons if you are exercising heavy and not sleeping much.
- Over time you will probably find you’ll use less butter.
- Your body will want the saturated fat to help build new cell membranes.
- Dave is now using 1-2 tablespoons of butter in his mug of coffee. As a beginner he started with 6 tablespoons.
- You got to add MCT oil to your coffee (medium chain triglyceride).
- Using coconut oil instead of MCT oil is not the best way to make it.
- Coconut oil even if it is organic or virgin cold pressed is not the same as pure MCT oil or even better Brain Octane oil.
- MCT’s make up 60% of 100% coconut oil. There are 4 lengths of MCT’s with 2 being the ones you are looking to get.
- These 2 triglyceride lengths are only found in 15% of the coconut oil & they are what make Upgraded™ MCT oil and Brain Octane oil great for weight loss.
- Take your coffee in the morning without sugar or protein so you achieve Bulletproof® intermittent fasting with all the benefits of the fat for energy.
- The MCT oil helps you to achieve nutritional ketosis. This type of ketosis is healthy and helps you burn fat for both cognitive energy and to loss excess weight.
- There are MMA fighters like Jason Lambert and other professionals who feel it rocks their world.
- When you blend the fat into the fresh coffee you’re helping your body digest the fats easier by making them into micelles.
- Most people on a low fat diet haven’t been used to digesting fat for a long time.
- cCffee oils contain diterpenes, cafestol and kahweol, which are naturally present in the oil contained in coffee.
- Cafestol and Kahweol have possible beneficial effects on inflammation in the brain (a.k.a brain fog).
- Brewing coffee with a paper filter you miss out on the diterpenes so you want to use a metal filter when brewing coffee like a French Press method.
- Butyric acid in butter helps turn inflammation off in the brain and heal the gut lining.
- If you help your gut, you help your brain.
- You can drink the Upgraded coffee black as it’s not bitter.
- Bulletproof® diet sweeteners are alcohol sugars like xylitol and erythritol.
- Good xylitol comes from wood not GMO corn. Get a xylitol on Amazon or erythritol on Amazon.
There you go.
You should have all the information you need to so you can make a fantastic & tasty mug of butter coffee with coconut oil.
It really is that simple to being able to make the perfect cup that will:
- Help enhance your cognitive ability,
- Produce loads of energy in the morning
- Help put you in a fat burning state.
Thanks for reading this far and if you enjoyed it PLESE PIN an image to a food or drinks board to share.